The 45-year-old has been missing from her home in Youghal since last year
A major search operation is underway in a woodlands area in East Cork as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Tina Satchwell.
Up to 60 people are involved in the operation which is expected to take a number of weeks.
The 46-year-old has been missing from her home in Youghal since the 20th of March last year.
She was last seen by her husband Richard before he left to do some shopping in Dungarvan.
He said he returned that morning and his wife had vanished taking with her two suitcases and a sum of money.
He reported her missing four days later and claims she left for personal reasons.
Despite a number of public appeals there’s been no trace of Tina since.
Gardaí have now sealed of a 40 acre wooded area near Castlemartyr known locally as Mitchells Wood.
Speaking from the site this morning, Garda Superintendent Colm Noonan said an incident room has been established in Midleton Garda Station.
He said a team of detectives are working on the case with 220 separate lines of inquiry conducted, adding that investigators have also been liaising with Interpol.
He said the search was aimed at finding evidence relating to Ms Satchwell’s disappearance and warned the public that the area is now restricted with no access for the duration of the search.
He noted that gardaí are in regular contact with the Satchwell family and asked the public to “respect their privacy at this difficult time.”
It is understood the site was chosen following a tip off by whats described as a credible source to detectives investigating the case.
The area was sealed off last Friday with the search getting underway this afternoon – It is expected to take up to two weeks.
Gardaí have also issued an appeal to the public for information regarding the investigation.
In particular Gardaí want to speak to anyone who may have been in the Mitchels Wood area in March 2017.
Reporting from Paul Quinn in Castlemartyr County Cork ...