The sun's out, so it's officially spring and we have this deliciously light, cheap, not to mention healthy option for dinner (or lunch if you prefer).
Perfect Grilled Salmon is a huge crowd-pleaser, takes next to no time to prepare and cook, but most of all is super tasty.
What you'll need...
- 2 large Salmon darnes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp olive oil
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30 Approved.
- Rinse off the salmon and pat dry with some kitchen roll.
- In a large bowl combine the spices and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Rub the marinade into the salmon – leave to marinade for approx 20 minutes, the longer the better.
- Heat up your BBQ or Griddle pan and sear the salmon for approx 3 minutes a side, until cooked to your liking.
- In a small bowl toss the mixed leaves in the balsamic, olive oil, and the juice of half of the lime.
- Place the salmon on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds, serve with the left over lime wedges and enjoy! lime.
- Place the leaves in the lettuce cups and top with the avocado, cucumber and red peppers.
Top Tip: Invest in a George Forman-like grill to keep things healthy!
You can go to the Wonky Spatula for more info on healthy eating. Or follow Nicola on Twitter @thewonkyspatula
#GiveInToLiving: Newstalk’s lifestyle series offers handy tips and tricks so you can give in to living. For more go to: newstalk.com/giveintoliving