Dublin Fire Brigade called to put out self-combusting hover board

The pictures were posted on the brigade's facebook page

image via Dublin Fire Brigade Facebook page

image via Dublin Fire Brigade Facebook page

Dublin Fire Brigade were called out in the north of the city this evening after a fire was reported in a house in Artane.

It is believed that a hover board self-combusted after being left charging for too long.

The fire then spread to a near-by couch and laptop, destroying both.

The fire brigade recommends that anyone with a hover-board to never leave them unattended while charging and keep them away from an combustible materials.

 

Kilbarrack and North Strand crews tonight were called to a domestic house fire in Artane. The apparent cause of the...

Posted by Dublin Fire Brigade on Thursday, 25 February 2016