Oisin Davis of Great Irish Beverages introduces us to another original creation from his recipe book.
Tis the season to be merry! And that means you're allowed to imbibe a little more than normal. So over the next few weeks I'll be sharing some nice Yuletide recipes for drinks to enjoy over the Christmas period.
And you can't get more festive than bubbly. This one here uses bubbly really well and it's a slightly stronger version of the classic Kir Royale.
Cocktail - GIN ROYALE
- 35 ml Dingle Gin
- 15 ml Creme de Cassis
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 100 ml dry champagne or prosecco
- Chill a champagne flute in the freezer or with some ice.
- Pour all ingredients except the bubbly in a shaker with ice.
- Seal it and shake hard for 10 seconds.
- Strain into the glass and top up with the bubbly.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Oisin will be making the cocktail live on the Tom Dunne Show, tonight from 10pm