Critics might not have bought the mash-up but punters have
Batman v Superman grossed over $530.4m at box offices around the world, as of yesterday morning.
$28m was earned across non-US markets on Wednesday alone.
The film is now expected to pass the $1bn barrier before it ends its cinema run. With no blockbusters scheduled to be released over the coming weekend, the money is expected to keep rolling in.
The film has made over $200m in the US in its first six days on general release and $230m in other markets.
The showdown between the two iconic characters has a critics score of 29% on Rotten Tomatoes - but it has also received a 71% audience rating.
The film's success bodes well for Warner Brothers, who plan to anchor a universe of spin-offs and sequels around the Zack Snyder directed film.
The Press Association compiled a list of the top 10 grossing superhero films in the UK since 1989, adjusted for inflation:
1. The Dark Knight Rises (2012): £58.7m
2. The Dark Knight (2008): £55.4m
3. Marvel Avengers Assemble (2012): £54.1m
4. The Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015): £48.3m
5. Spider-Man 3 (2007): £39.2m
6. Spider-Man (2002): £38.6m
7. Iron Man 3 (2013): £37.8m
8. Deadpool (2016): £37.3m
9. Spider-Man 2 (2004): £33.7m
10. Man Of Steel (2013) £30.6m