A UK cinema chain’s compiled an etiquette guide for its customers, after a poll revealed more than half of film fans get annoyed by people talking during movies.
Other common gripes include people rustling their popcorn and putting their feet on the chairs.
Empire Cinemas say 15% complained the biggest problem was public displays of affection once the lights had gone down.
The Empire Cinemas Etiquette Guide:
1. Keep talking to a minimum; save the chat for after the film
2. Enjoy your treats quietly; keep rustling to a minimum
3. No PDA’s; keep public displays of affection until after the film
4. No mobile phones; keep all mobile phone use until after the film including texting, social networking and internet surfing.
5. Keep feet off chairs; remember your fellow cinema-goers have to sit in them
6. Don’t disturb your fellow cinema goers; arrive on time/no getting up to go to the toilet
7. No removing of shoes; keep your foot odour confined to your shoes
8. No littering; take your leftovers with you and no popcorn fights
9. No plot spoilers; don’t ruin the movie ending for others by posting on social media
10. Allocated seating; no sitting in other peoples pre-booked seatscomments powered by Disqus