Manager had set a deadline for the player last week
Everton boss Ronald Koeman has admitted that he is not confident that Ross Barkley will still be at the club next season.
The academy produced attacking midfielder has been offered a new contract at Goodison Park but is yet to sign it.
Koeman says the length of time it has taken Barkley to consider the deal suggests he could move on.
"If you offer a player a new contract, a good contract, that means that you like to keep the player," he said at a press conference ahead of Sunday's final Premier League fixture at Arsenal.
When asked if he feels confident that Barkley could stay, Koeman responded "No", before continuing: "It's a long time that he's thinking about his future but OK, I'm not worried because I like to work with players who like to stay.
"Even, it's not about his decision. We will go on and we will look for players in that position. Even if he stays comes more competition for him next season."
Koeman's comments come just over a week from when he revealed that Barkley had been set a deadline of this weekend's final Premier League fixture to make a decision about whether he would sign a new contract or leave the club he has been at since the age of 11.