Fury is keen to take on Anthony Joshua next year
Tyson Fury says he will be back in the ring by July, with a view to fighting against heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua next year.
Joshua called Fury out for an all-British showdown, after scoring an 11th round stoppage win over Wladimir Klitschko last weekend.
After his incredible victory at Wembley Stadium, Joshua made a public appeal to Fury, saying he wants to give '90,000 people another chance to witness a lovely night of boxing.'
Fury, who has not fought since 2015, later took to Twitter to accept his challenge and is currently training in Spain. The 28-year-old is still without a boxing license and was previously on a break from the sport to address some mental health issues.
Speaking to the 'BritishBoxers' website, Fury said he's putting plans in place for his comeback, and said he wants to fit in a few bouts against other opponents before hopefully facing Joshua next April.
"I'll be back on the July 8 Copper Box show headlined by Billy Joe Saunders. I'll have a few comeback fights, two or three, while I'm waiting for Joshua.
"There's no money in anybody else, I want 'Mr Muscles'. I can be the best Tyson Fury again, it didn't slip away, I just couldn't be bothered no more, it was s*** and I didn't value it, but now there’s £30m involved. I was a shadow of my former glory but now I’m on my way back. With me and Joshua, one looks the part, one is the part."
Fury is due to appear at a hearing with UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) in the coming days which could have a major impact on whether he will reclaim his boxing license.