Spurs suffered a major setback to their title chase last night against West Ham
Spurs will continue fighting for the Premier League title despite last night's defeat against West Ham, according to manager Mauricio Pochettino.
A second-half strike from Manuel Lanzini brought their nine-game winning streak to an end, and dealt a severe blow to their title chances.
The result leaves Pochettino's side four points off the top spot with just three games left to play.
Meanwhile, league leaders Chelsea face a relatively easy assignment against relegation-prone Middlesbrough on Monday night, where a win would see them take a significant step towards securing Premier League honours.
But Pochettino promises that while hope remains, Spurs will continue to fight.
"We're still fighting," he told Sky Sports. "It's a disappointing result and now we (must) wait for Chelsea's result and there's three games to play."
Image: Manuel Lanzini celebrating his goal against Spurs Adam Davy/PA Wire/PA Images
"Now it's more difficult to try to catch Chelsea but we need to try, always to the end. We were a little bit unlucky (against West Ham) and we didn't deserve to lose."
The Argentinian admitted that his side failed to reproduce the same performance which delivered a 2-0 victory against Arsenal last weekend. After a promising first half last night, he said his players were disappointed to concede a goal after the break.
"It was a difficult game and if you compare (it) with five days ago against Arsenal, I think it was a different game and it wasn't the same performance that we played last week. The players are disappointed about that. Sometimes in football, that happens.
"Now we have to try to be ready for the next game."