He suffered arm injuries in the attack on team bus
Borussia Dortmund say Marc Bartra will be out of action for around four weeks after fracturing his wrist in the attack on the team's bus.
The Spanish defender was injured in the incident, which led to the postponement of Tuesday night's Champions League quarter-final first leg against Monaco.
Bartra had been sitting beside Borussia Dortmund's Swiss goalkeeper Roman Buerki in the back row of the bus at the time of the explosion.
Buerki said players ducked for cover, wondering if there would be more explosions to follow.
Borussia Dortmund head coach Thomas Tuchel said, "It looks like Marc Bartra will return to the team in four weeks. He'd like to play now already."
Bartra had tweeted a photo of himself post surgery on Wednesday afternoon, confirming that he was "doing much better" and also wished the team luck ahead of the rearranged fixture against Monaco.
Tuchel has also criticised the decision to play the match last night, less than 24 hours after the attack, with Tuchel saying, "We were never asked, we were informed by a text message that the UEFA made a decision in Switzerland. It felt lousy. And that sticks with us."
They lost the first leg fixture 3-2.