Borussia Dortmund boss vents frustration at UEFA decision

They played Monaco less than 24 hours after their team bus was the target of a bomb attack

Thomas Tuchel, Borussia Dortmund, Champions League

Dortmund's head coach Thomas Tuchel directs his players during the Champions League quarterfinal first leg soccer match between Borussia Dortmund and AS Monaco in Dortmund, Germany, Wednesday, April 12, 2017. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner)

Borussia Dortmund head coach Thomas Tuchel is angry at UEFA for making them play AS Monaco less than a full day after their team bus was targeted in a bomb attack.

The German side lost the Champions League quarter final first leg 3-2.

Tuchel says they were told by text message it was the governing body's decision and added that he felt like they were being treated as if "a can of beer" was thrown at them.

UEFA says the rescheduling was decided at a meeting with both clubs and local authorities.

"We were never asked, we were informed by a text message that the UEFA made a decision in Switzerland. It felt lousy. And that sticks with us," said Tuchel according to Sky Sports.

"It gave us a powerless feeling, like we had a job to do and nothing else mattered. It didn't give us a good feeling - as though a can of beer had been thrown at our window.

"I encouraged all the players to take the game seriously. But football is not the most important thing in the world.

"We want to help all our players overcome their own internal conflicts from this. That was a bad experience.

Defender Marc Bartra suffered an arm injury which required surgery. The player has since issued a positive update on his recovery.