It seems to have been a joke made at the media's expense
Tyson Fury has backtracked on his earlier social media announcement that he'd retired from boxing.
The heavyweight world champion suggested earlier this afternoon he was quitting the sport, but has since posted on Twitter he's "here to stay".
He also had a dig at the media as he added that it "just shows u what the Medea are like. Tut tut".
Fury is the current holder of the WBA and WBO titles.
Hahahaha u think you will get rid of the GYPSYKING that easy!!! I'm here to stay. #TheGreatest just shows u what the Medea are like. Tut tut— TYSONMONTANA (@Tyson_Fury) October 3, 2016
Soon as I get better I'll be defending what's mine the heavyweight thrown. pic.twitter.com/LaUjlg4dB2— TYSONMONTANA (@Tyson_Fury) October 3, 2016
The 28-year-old was said to have been told on Thursday that a sample from a random urine test on September 22nd had failed a drugs test.
He then pulled out of a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko citing mental health issues.
The boxer has not fought since taking Klitschko's IBF, WBA and WBO belts in a victory in Germany in November last year.
A rematch was initially booked for the summer only for Fury to pull out with an ankle injury, and the rescheduled October date was called off with the champ "medically unfit to fight".