Jon Jones says he expects to be back in the octagon very soon

The star was pulled from the UFC 200 card

Jon Jones, UFC

Image: John Locher / AP/Press Association Images

Jon Jones has stated that he will be back in the octagon soon after getting good news on his suspension. 

The light heavyweight fighter was pulled from the UFC 200 card back in July after being flagged for a potential anti-doping violation, throwing the event into turmoil after his bout against Daniel Cormier had to be rearranged on short notice. 

Although the Nevada State Athletic Commission has approved the suspension of Jones, he took to Instagram on Sunday to state that he believes his return to action will happen sooner rather than later. 

In a short video, Jones addressed his fans directly stating that he wanted to give on update on how he has been getting on and what he has been doing since being hit with the ban. 

"I’ve been really good. Training, spending time with family, attacking some of these legal issues I’ve gotten myself into and trying to leave all that stuff behind once and for all," said Jones. "I’m sure you guys are curious on what’s been going on with this USADA situation. Obviously I can’t say anything because it’s still pending. But, what I can say is that we have found out lots of really good news and I’m expecting to be back in the Octagon really soon.”

Jones has switched his Instagram account to private since uploading the video. 

Although the light heavyweight stated that there was a positive outlook for his case, Jones was removed from the UFC rankings last week, both in his division and the pound for pound list. 

Jones was flagged for a potential violation after a random test on June 16th, before a 'B' sample was tested which also proved positive. Jones faces a two-year suspension for the violation, but seems to be confident that there will be a ruling in his favour judging by his post. 

Via Fansided