The 32-year-old was reportedly held at gunpoint in Rio
Reports surfaced earlier from Brazil that Ryan Lochte had been held at gunpoint in Rio.
The 32-year-old reportedly called his mother straight after in what he described as a "terrifying" experience. They went on to say that he was now safe but shook following the incident.
It was his mother who confirmed the reports when contacted by USA Today.
"I think they’re all shaken up. There were a few of them,” Ileana Lochte said.
“No, they were just, they just took their wallets and basically that was it.”
She said early Sunday morning, a cab with Lochte and at least one other Olympian was on its way to meet Olympic swimmer Thiago Pereira when the group was confronted by a group with guns and knives.
The IOC, however, have denied that anything of the sort took place.
Mark Adams, the Committee's spokesperson said the reports were "absolutely not true".