The 37-year-old co-hosted The Ultimate Fighter last year alongside Conor McGregor
UFC bantamweight Urijah Faber insists he isn't considering retirement and says he is looking for "interesting" fights in the future.
Faber, 37, says he still feels in good enough condition to compete at a high level despite his latest defeat to Dominick Cruz for the Bantamweight title. This was the third time he had been defeated by Cruz in a trilogy of fights.
"No, I'm not gonna retire," he told MMA Fighting on Friday, "[Joe] Rogan asked me the hard questions and I do this to be the best. I feel like at age 37, that was one of the best training camps I've had, period. It was amazing."
Holding a record of 33-9, the "California Kid" still competes alongside his Team Alpha Male teammates and says he knows there is still fight left in him.
"I know I'm right there at the top," Faber said. "I don't know what's next necessarily. I'm gonna chill for a bit. But I'm definitely not done done."
The possibility of moving back to Conor McGregor's division in featherweight is something he says is a possibility but not something that particularly jumps out at him.
"With the way they're doing the weigh-in, it wasn't half as bad," he explained. "But I don't know. I always like to do fights that are interesting. Going up to fight Frankie Edgar, headliner, the first one in the Philippines [in 2015], that was interesting to me.
"He's a Hall of Famer, he's a world champion at multiple weights, he's a contender. I like that. I like fighting Dominick Cruz for the world championship, a trilogy. I've done a lot of fights to do them. And I'll do that as well. But I like to try and find stuff that's interesting. Fighting in Sacramento in a new arena, that excites me."