96 fans were adjudged to have been unlawfully killed it was announced this week
Families of fans involved in the Hillsborough disaster are to sue South Yorkshire and West Midlands police forces.
Both police forces are being pursued by relatives of the victims - and survivors - in the legal action according to Sky News. Sky Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "Something like 386 are joined together in a class action. They are suing the forces for damages."
"I believe that this is an action that is claiming something in the region of about £20 million (€25.6 million approx) - around £50,000 for each of those named in the writ."
It was issued at London's High Court last year, but could not be reported until the outcome of the inquests. "We are still not allowed to know the specific details - and the forces have up to seven months in which to respond," said Brunt.
Saunders Law, a London-based legal firm, is coordinating the action. James Saunders, senior partner at the firm, told Sky News: "There is evidence of a systematic cover-up intended to transfer the blame for what happened from South Yorkshire Police to the innocent by spreading lies, doctoring evidence, pressurising witnesses and suppressing the truth."
"The evidence points to abuse on an industrial scale by both South Yorkshire and West Midlands Police beyond any one bad apple analysis."
On Tuesday morning, the inquests into the deaths of the Liverpool fans decided that all 96 fans were unlawfully killed.