The Portuguese coach reportedly turned down a job offer from the Syrian FA
Jose Mourinho has turned down the opportunity to manage Syria according to his agent Jorge Mendes.
The Portuguese coach has been heavily linked with the Manchester United job all season with many expecting him to take over the reigns from Louis Van Gaal in the Summer.
In an email sent to Associated Press, Jorge Mendes said Mourinho told the Syrian FA that, "while he felt honoured to receive the invitation, he cannot at the moment accept it".
Syria currently sit 123rd in the FIFA World Rankings and have never qualified for the World Cup, while below you can see a picture of the letter sent offering Mourinho .
Earlier in the evening, the Sunday World's Kevin Palmer tweeted that the paper was going to run three big stories concerning Mourinho and Manchester United's future plans.
Big news coming out of the Jose Mourinho camp and on Man Utd's future plans....a trio of stories posted on here later this evening #MUFC— Kevin Palmer (@kpsundayworld) April 9, 2016
The 'Off the Ball' crew will look over the stories tomorrow as part of the Sunday Paper Review.
It is not yet clear whether the Syria job offer will be one of the Sunday World's three stories.