Nadal pulls out of Queens Championships

The men's draw is still filled with some top players

World number two Rafael Nadal has been advised by his doctor to withdraw from The Aegon Championships at the Queens Club next week.

After winning a record tenth French Open Title last Sunday, the Spaniard said he had had a "long clay court season".

"My body needs to rest if I am going to be ready to play Wimbledon," said the 31-year-old, who won Wimbledon in 2008 and 2010.

Nadal added: "I am sad to make this decision because I love Queen's, I won the tournament in 2008 and every time I reached the Wimbledon final it was after playing Queen's."

Andy Murray will be leading a strong field at the event.  The tournament will also feature last year's beaten finalist Milos Raonic and 2012 champion Marin Cilic. Stan Wawrinka and David Goffin are also scheduled to play in the event. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Tomas Berdych, Nick Kyrgios and Juan Martin del Potro will also take part.