The Dublin star is due to serve a 12 week ban subject to an appeal
Former Kerry footballer Mike Quirke feels it's "inevitable" that Dublin's Diarmuid Connolly will have his 12 week ban overturned.
Earlier on Monday it emerged that the process was being put in place to challenge the St Vincent's club man's ban for an incident involving a linseman in the recent Leinster Championship match against Carlow.
In the event that the ban were to remain in place, Connolly would not be available again until the second All Ireland semi final but even so, Quirke told Off The Ball that it wouldn't have a huge bearing on Dublin's short term fortunes one way or another.
"He's going to get off. It's inevitable and the biggest shock was when I heard that he wasn't going to appeal because that just doesn't make any sense and whether it's right or wrong, either it wasn't going to derail their season," he said.
"They have got too many really good footballers to be scuppered in Leinster or a quarter final. It's another talking point but it's one that will be put to bed very quickly."
Quirke also feels that it would have been "foolish not to appeal" from a Dublin perspective.