Newstalk is recruiting for the position of Producer for our fast-paced news and current affairs show, Drive with Chris Donoghue and Sarah McInerney.
We're looking for an experienced and ambitious candidate to join our team.
Ideal candidates will display strong independent thinking, ability to work under tight deadlines and a determination to help grow JNLR figures.
They'll need a proven track record in news and in studio production.
The chosen candidate would report to the Programme Director.
- The provision of pre- and post-production support to the programme on a daily basis
- Lead production shifts as required
- Generate and develop ideas for the programme
- Research, script and brief items as required
- Develop new angles on existing stories
- Secure exclusive interviews with high-profile guests
- Write accurate, well-researched briefs
- React quickly to breaking news
- Forward planning
- Record and edit audio in studio and on location
- Develop relationships with regular guests
- Contribute to the show’s presence on social media
- Support and mentor other members of the programme team
- Other administrative duties as required
- Developing the programme style and identity
- Driving JNLR and digital audiences
- Contributing to the daily creation of the running order
- Guest and contributor selection
- Developing regular features
- Developing innovative radio ideas that can be executed on air and online
- Using social media to attract a wider audience and increase engagement levels with the programme
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to maximise commercial and PR opportunities
- Managing the programme budget
- Actively participate in producer’s meetings and editorial initiatives
- Excellent Radio production and radio craft skills
- An ability to generate and to evaluate quality programme content
- Experience under pressure in the radio studio
- Excellent contacts
- Track record in covering breaking news
- Ability to source new angles and guests on issues of news and current affairs
- Audio recording and editing skills
- Excellent working knowledge of libel and defamation laws
- Good understanding of the role of social media and the part it plays in today’s radio landscape
- An ability to give feedback to team members, and ensure the continual development of the programme
- The desire to win
- 3 + years experience working in a broadcast environment
- Qualification in Radio/Media
Please send a short CV with your letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Wed 10th May
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.