Morning top 5: 28 injured as truck ploughs into Mardi gras parade; Trump won’t attend Correspondent’s Dinner

The top stories this Sunday morning

A pickup truck's ploughed into crowds attending a Mardi Gras parade in the US city of New Orleans.

28 people were injured when it happened shortly before 7pm local time.

Emergency services say some of those hurt could be as young as three.

It's not being treated as a terrorist incident - but local police chief Michael Harrison says they've arrested a man

****

The man who brokered the Good Friday Agreement fears Brexit has added to the challenge of peace-making in Northern Ireland.

Former US senator George Mitchell believes the UK's decision to leave the European Union may reduce further co-operation.

His comments come just days before voters go to the polls in the Northern Ireland Assembly elections on Thursday.

He says the UK's departure from the EU may damage relations.

****

Donald Trump's tweeted to say he will not be attending the annual White House Correspondent's Dinner this spring.

It's an event that draws celebrities, politicians and journalists - and the move by the president breaks with tradition.

According to NPR the last President not to attend was Ronald Reagan who was recovering from an assassination attempt at the time - but he did phone in to give those gathered some advice - "when somebody tells you to get in a car quick, do it."

Mr Trump's not said why he's giving it a miss, but his relationship with the U.S. media has been turbulent recently.

****

Police in Malaysia say they've found no trace of the nerve agent allegedly used to kill Kim Jong-un's half brother - at the airport where he died.

Officers searched Kuala Lumpur airport after finding the chemical - which is classified as a weapon of mass destruction - on Kim Jong-nam's body.

An Indonesian woman suspected of killing him says she thought she was taking part in a prank.

Lawyers in Italy are urging Interpol to launch a missing person's investigation after a woman disappeared during a Mediterranean cruise.

****

Lawyers in Italy are urging Interpol to launch a missing person's investigation after a woman disappeared during a Mediterranean cruise. 

45-year-old Daniel Belling, is originally from Germany - but lives with his wife and two children in Clarehall in Dublin.

Xing Lei Li was last seen two weeks ago - it's reported Mr Belling has told judges he believed she had returned to her native China or their home in Dublin after they had a row.

He claims a similar incident happened while the family was on holidays previously.