Tuesday's top stories on Newstalk.com
48 people have been arrested and Gardaí have carried out 21 searches in the Carlow area over the past three days.
Of those arrested, 24 were detained as part of ongoing investigations into thefts, assaults, fraud, burglary and drugs related matters.
The Cabinet has agreed there will be a full public tribunal of inquiry into allegations of a smear campaign against the garda whistleblower, Sergeant Maurice McCabe.
The terms of reference for the tribunal will be drafted after consultation with opposition parties and the Taoiseach Enda Kenny would like them passed by the Dáil and Seanad in the next 48 hours.
There were lively scenes in the Dáil throughout the day as deputies questioned the Taoiseach and ministers over last week's events and their knowledge of the false allegations against Sgt McCabe.
President Trump's trust in his national security adviser eroded to the point where he asked Michael Flynn to resign, the White House says.
The US leader had been "very concerned" that the retired army lieutenant general misled Vice President Mike Pence and others, said Mr Trump's spokesman Sean Spicer.
New Olympic Council of Ireland president Sarah Keane says the new board intend to be much more transparent regarding ticketing.
The Swim Ireland CEO was elected as president last week to become the long term replacement for Pat Hickey.
Forget Pokémon GO – the time has come to crank Snake II back up, as your beloved 3310 returns to shops.
Nokia are planning to unveil (again) the famous "dumb" phone from way back in 2000 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) on February 26th, according to VentureBeat leaker Evan Blass.