The Board of Governors of King's Hospital School says the care and well-being of all students and the wider school community is of paramount importance
The Board of Governors of King's Hospital School in Dublin said it fully supports external investigations which are underway into an alleged assault of a 13 year-old boy by other pupils at the school.
In a statement, the Board - which met yesterday to discuss the issue - says the care and well-being of all students and the wider school community is of paramount importance.
"In our role as Governors, we will continue to actively monitor the situation and work closely with school management to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children involved and all of the students in the school," the statement reads.
Gardai and child protection agency Tusla are currently investigating the incident.
Earlier this week, mobile phones of eight pupils were reportedly confiscated following the alleged assault.
It is believed the school first contacted its lawyer, who then advised them to go to the Gardaí and Tusla.
In a statement on Friday evening, the school said: "At no stage did the management and staff fail to act on legal advice. Neither did the school seek advice from the State agencies by using hypothetical scenarios."