Newstalk is launching a new opinion led talk show, presented by George Hook, weekdays from midday to 2pm from September 2016.
We are inviting applications for a Producer to work with the Programme Editor in developing a programme full of opinion, wit and insight.
As well as having the pre-requisite radio and production skills, we are looking for a creative thinker, someone who looks at things differently and wants to contribute to the production of a unique offering on the radio landscape. Do you have an alternative view and approach things from a different angle?
If this sounds like you, you are familiar with George Hook and have what it takes to take the programme to the next level we want to hear from you.
- Developing the programme style and identity
- Driving JNLR and digital audiences
- Contributing to the daily creation of the running order
- Generating ideas and stories
- Guest and contributor selection
- Developing regular features
- Developing innovative radio ideas that can be executed on air and online
- Using social media to attract a wider audience and increase engagement levels with the programme
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to maximise commercial and PR opportunities
- Managing the programme budget
- Actively participate in producer’s meetings and editorial initiatives
- An ability to deal with breaking news
Beat the competition
Qualifications / Experience:
- A clear vision for the George Hook programme
- Excellent Radio production and radio craft skills
- An ability to generate and to evaluate quality programme content
- Experience under pressure in the radio studio
- Excellent contacts
- Audio recording and editing skills
- Excellent working knowledge of libel and defamation laws
- Good understanding of the role of social media and the part it plays in today’s radio landscape
- An ability to give feedback to team members, and ensure the continual development of the programme
- The desire to win
- Qualification in Radio / Media
- Significant experience (3+ years) working in radio
- Well Organised
- Team Leader
- People Management Skills
- Perform well under pressure
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a short CV together with a brief outline (no more than 500 words) of your vision for a new mid- afternoon show with George Hook.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications is Monday, July 11th, 2016.