We are currently looking for a programme editor to join our editorial management team.
Think you're right for the job? Then get in touch....
- To edit programmes to a high professional standard, with quality content that is appropriate to the editorial values of the programme and the station.
- To drive editorial strategy across programming on a day to day basis.
- To contribute to the onward development of the station’s editorial strategy as part of the editorial management team.
- Work with Programme Director in developing and managing content across the schedule
- Be responsible for editorial management of key station day parts
- Devise and drive JNLR growth strategy
- Hold regular feedback meetings with programme teams.
- Undertake weekly air checking
- Develop new programming initiatives
- Develop innovative digital ideas that are integrated across platform with the dual aim of driving audience on air and online
- Manage relationships with presenters and producers
- Manage forward planning initiatives
- Work with commercial department on indentifying sponsorship and promotion opportunities and revenue generators
- Develop outside broadcast plans
- Identify and nurture new on-air talent
- Identify and co-ordinate training opportunities for staff
- Develop freelance panel to identify future Producers and Researchers
- Provide legal guidance to programmes on output and ensure all output is free of libel
- Ensure all complaints and legal issues are reported to the Programme Director and dealt with in a prompt and professional manner
- Work with imaging department to develop effective communication of overall station and programme identity on air
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in senior production media role
- Experience in working with and managing a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in developing and implementing strategy
- Excellent communication skills
Please send your letter of application together with your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st July 2016.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.