Newstalk 106-108fm is currently inviting participants to apply for the role of producer on our multi-award award winning afternoon show, Moncrieff.
Think you're right for the job, then get in touch.
Moncrieff is no ordinary programme – you will need all the pre-requisite radio and production skills but above all, we are looking for a creative thinker and someone who looks at things differently. Do you have an alternative view and approach things from a different angle?
If this sounds like you, you are familiar with Moncrieff and have what it takes to take the programme to the next level we want to hear from you.
- To produce Moncrieff to a high professional standard, with quality content that is appropriate to the editorial values of the programme and the station.
- To bring a clearly defined vision by identifying the key competitive battle grounds in this day part and provide a strategy to achieve audience dominance.
- Developing the programme style and identity
- Driving JNLR and digital audiences
- Building and overseeing the running order
- Generating ideas and stories
- Guest and contributor selection
- Developing regular features
- Producing in studio
- Developing innovative radio ideas that can be executed on air and online
- Using social media to attract a wider audience and increase engagement levels with the programme
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to maximise commercial and PR opportunities
- Managing the programme budget
- Actively participate in producer’s meetings and editorial initiatives
- An ability to deal with breaking news
- Beat the competition
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
A clear vision for the Moncrieff programme
- Excellent Radio production and radio craft skills
- An ability to generate and to evaluate quality programme content
- Experience under pressure in the radio studio
- Excellent contacts
- Audio recording and editing skills
- Excellent working knowledge of libel and defamation laws
- Good understanding of the role of social media and the part it plays in today’s radio landscape
- An ability to give feedback to team members, and ensure the continual development of the programme
- The desire to win
- Qualification in Radio / Media
- Significant experience (3+ years) working in radio
- Well Organised
- Team Leader
- People Management Skills
- Perform well under pressure
Interested applicants should email email@example.com
Please include a short CV together with a brief outline (no more than 500 words) of your vision for the programme.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, June 29th, 2016.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.