This brings an end to a four month long dispute that caused 12 days of strikes
Luas drivers have voted by 108 votes to 56 to accept a Labour Court recommended pay deal aimed at resolving a long running dispute over pay and conditions.
On Monday, SIPTU said the Labour Court had recommended wage increases of 15.6% to 18.3% for drivers between now and September 2020, and a 2.5% increment for long service after three years on the maximum of the scale.
It also advised against a half-hour increase to the working day for drivers.
Today, SIPTU balloted its members on whether to accept the pay increase that would bring an end to the 4 month long row over pay and conditions.
Members voted in favour of the deal which was accepted by both Transdev and the drivers.
SIPTU's Owen Reidy said: “Over recent days all SIPTU members employed as Luas drivers were given an opportunity to discuss and debate this Labour Court recommendation. They have now made an informed decision to accept its proposals.
“The workers recognise that this recommendation deals with the reduction of the terms and conditions of new entrants to the Luas driver grade by committing the company to a comprehensive review of this issue within the next 18 months.
"The recommendation also provides new entrants with a quicker pay acceleration process than had been previously proposed.”
Transdev's Managing Director Gerry Madden said: “We are pleased with the outcome of the ballot. This vote by employees in favour of the Labour Court Recommendation is positive news.
"As our other three grades had previously agreed settlement terms at local level back in April this now brings the dispute to an end.”
Further strike action by drivers was called off this week, pending the outcome of today's ballot.