Man found poisoned in Co. Down

Carbon monoxide blamed

A 60-year-old man has been found dead at a house in Newcastle, County Down, which was the scene of a major incident involving carbon monoxide poisoning.

Five people, including two paramedics were taken to hospital from the property on Friday night, after suffering the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service said their crews became unwell while attending the scene.

Four ambulances were sent to the incident.

The five people received hospital treatment and were later discharged.