Think you're the right fit for the job? Then get in touch!
If you wanna box, say you wanna box and we’ll box. Does that quote ring your bell? If so, you may be the person for us.
Off the Ball has built a reputation as one of the leading sports platforms in Ireland. Informed and entertaining coverage, analysis, reaction and opinion are all signature sounds of the show.
Do you have a vision for the next phase of sports coverage with the experience and know-how to see that through? Driving the daily OTB agenda and working closely with the Sports Editor to identify content and commercial opportunities your range of duties and experience will include:
• Proven track record of managing a team
• Think about sport first thing in the morning
• Lead production meetings and set the daily agenda for Off the Ball
• Possess the confidence and tenacity to generate and deliver innovative, original and creative ideas for show items and guests
• Live on-air producer
• Read your newspaper from the back page forward
• Live Outside Broadcast producer
• Management and execution of commercial promotions and competitions
• Long term show strategy and planning
• Have a solution to the blight of the blanket defence
• Liaise with other shows and departments as appropriate
• Have excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail
• Have a strong understanding of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio broadcasting
• Have deep and frequent thoughts about whether Willie Joe Padden or Gerry McInerney had the better mullet
• Audio editing using Cool Edit/Adobe software
• Online content
• Manage social media channels
Email your application for consideration for this position, including a statement as to why you think you are the best candidate, to email@example.com for the attention of the Sports Editor, Adrian Barry, by Wednesday 4th May 2016.