Blaze warning over leaving phones covered while charging
Dublin Fire Brigade have issued yet another public warning about the dangers of covering mobile phones while charging.
The capital's fire brigade posted images on Twitter from the scene of a fire, which started because a phone was left charging in a handbag, leading to dangerous heat levels.
We believe the damage caused here was by a mobile phone charging in or on a handbag which was placed on the chairs. pic.twitter.com/bnP3CcBhMF— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) April 10, 2016
The Brigade's latest public message follows previous warnings on the dangers of leaving electrical items charging for prolonged periods of time.
They are urging people not to leave their phones unattended whilst charging as the excessive heat caused whilst charging can easily start a fire.
It is important that mobile phones are not covered whilst charging, and the heat allowed to dissipate. pic.twitter.com/u3DXrsK3Rg— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) April 10, 2016