Djamal Eddine Ouali was arrested by armed police in Salerno
An Algerian man suspected of making fake ID documents for the Paris and Brussels attackers has been captured in Italy.
Djamal Eddine Ouali was arrested by armed anti-terrorism police in the southern region of Salerno.
Belgian authorities had issued an arrest warrant for the 40-year-old, who was wanted for "aiding and abetting illegal immigration" by producing false papers which could be used for illegal travel.
Italian state police added he was part of a "network of counterfeiters of residence permits linked to the Brussels attacks".
Local media reports suggest Ouali's name was found in files uncovered during a raid in an apartment near Brussels last October - with photos of the militants involved in last November's attacks emerging, and details of their aliases also being revealed.
One of the photographs seized was reportedly of Najim Laachraoui, one of the suicide bombers at Zaventem Airport.
Ouali could be extradited to Belgium within the coming days, and Italian authorities have launched an investigation to determine how he came to be in the country.
At a news conference yesterday, Belgian prosecutors confirmed they have identified 24 of the 31 people killed in Tuesday's attacks so far - 11 of them foreign nationals.
They also warned that number of fatalities could rise, as some body parts are yet to be identified.
One of the doctors involved in treating 93 people at a Belgian military hospital said 15 patients are in a serious burns unit - and five are in intensive care.
Dr Serge Jennes, who had treated similar injuries during his service in Afghanistan, said he and his colleagues had been shocked at the condition of some of the women and children in their care.
Belgium's interior minister has called for the people of Brussels not to go ahead with a planned march today in solidarity with the victims - as security services are too stretched to guarantee their safety.
Meanwhile, a man identified as Faycal Cheffou has been charged with terrorist murder after the Brussels attacks.
Cheffou has also been charged with participation in a terrorist group and attempted terrorist killings, Belgian prosecutors said in a statement.
The self-styled journalist was one of several men detained in police raids on Thursday.
No weapons or explosives were found in a search of his home.
Brussels mayor Yvan Mayeur told Belgium's Le Soir newspaper Cheffou was known to authorities and is "dangerous".
Cheffou had been detained a number of times at a park where he attempted to encourage asylum seekers camped there to turn to radical Islam, Mr Mayeur said.
Two other men, Aboubakar A. and Rabah N. have also been charged with terrorist activities and membership of a terrorist group, according to prosecutors.
Rabah N. was arrested in a raid in France this week that authorities say foiled an apparent attack plot.
Authorities in Belgium and France have carried out numerous raids and made a series of arrests over the last few days as part of a major terror crackdown.
A march of solidarity through Brussels has been cancelled today after the Belgian government said it did not have the resources to safely police it.
The March Against Fear had been due to take place at the Place de La Bourse, which has become a shrine following the attacks