Down to Business takes the pulse of business down south, we are live from Waterford City tomorrow.
Catch the action on air and online from 10:00am.
Here's what we have ready to go:
- First up, we take a look at the stories making an impact in the business pages and the front pages of Saturday's papers with Waterford woman and consultant Monica Leech.
- Most people who come to Waterford eat a Blaa - but Bobby has had the privilege of baking one in the company of M and D Bakery - hear his report tomorrow.
- We'll take a proper look at business and retail life in Waterford City and see how the recessionary winds treated this place. Nick Donnelly CEO of Waterford Chamber, Kevin Jepson of Ardkean Quality Food Store a long established Waterford Business, and also Ronan Mulligan-of Mulligan’s Pharmacy will be giving us the lowdown. We’ll be coming to some other Waterford business people in the audience as well.
- John Flahavan is the great great great grandson of original owner Thomas Dunn and he is now the managing director of Flahavan’s and we are delighted to have him booked in to talk selling porridge in Ireland, and beyond.
- To tell us about business in Waterford, outside of the city, we'll be joined by Glaxio Smith Kline's site manager Brian Fox and Jenny Berseford from the Dungarvan Tourist Office and Dungarvan and West Waterford Chamber of Commerce and also Cliffden Foyle, owner of the Strand Inn in Dunmore East.
- Tom Doorley, food and wine critic in Irish Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday and resident critic for The Restaurant, will stop by.
- Food GIY (Grow it Yourself) has launched the Grow Circle Challenge, a drive to raise the final €200,000 needed to fund GROW HQ, its national food education centre which will open in Waterford in September 2016. It wants to start a "food empathy revolution." Michael Kelly the GIY Founder will tell us all about it.
- CEO of 3 Ireland (who also happens to be a Waterford Man) Robert Finnegan will also talk to us
All this and more on Down to Business from 10am until midday tomorrow morning, on air and online.
As ever, you can find blog posts and weekly DTB highlights on our show page.