Girl hospitalised after being overcome by fumes

It is believed she inhaled bleach at her home

A 6-year-old girl has been airlifted to hospital after being overcome by fumes at her home in Ennistymon, Co Clare.

The young girl was said to be suffering from breathing difficulties after she accidentally inhaled a chemical understood to be bleach.

Her parents contacted emergency services and at 4.30pm members of the Shannon based Irish rescue helicopter were mobilised and the girl was airlift her to University Hospital Limerick.

She is said to be in a stable condition.