Newstalk is recruiting for the position of Newstalk Lunchtime Producer.
Newstalk Lunchtime with Jonathan Healy is looking for a creative and ambitious Producer, to lead the station's fast-paced news and current affairs programe. With 80,000 listeners in the latest JLNR survey, it is always first with breaking news, providing sharp insight into the day’s top news and sport stories.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of the programme, have an extensive knowledge of news and current affairs and have a proven track record of media content creation, as well as live production experience. They will lead the programme team, reporting to the Programme Editor.
- Lead and manage the production team
- Produce live in studio
- Be up to speed on Irish news, politics and international current affairs
- Work very quickly under short deadlines
- Decide on news lines
- Develop and maintain relationship with presenter
- Develop new angles on existing stories
- Secure exclusive interviews with high-profile guests
- Book guests and write briefs
- Edit audio and pre-recorded interviews
- Understand libel and media law
- Lead the digital development of the show
- Promote the show on a social media channels
- Manage the show’s budget
- Ensure show complies with BAI regulations
- Meet JNLR targets as set by management
Qualifications / Experience:
- Excellent Radio production skills
- A clear vision for Newstalk Lunchtime
- An ability to generate and to evaluate quality radio
- Experience under pressure in a live studio
- Preferred candidates should possess a college degree within radio broadcasting, media production or a related field
- Two years' experience producing news and current affairs radio
- Organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Team leader
- People management skills
- Perform well under pressure
- Ability to delegate
Please send a short CV with your letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following:
- Prepare one original idea for a series on the Lunchtime programme
- In 500 words or less, outline how you feel Newstalk Lunchtime can carve out an identity which is distinctive from that of its competitors
Closing date for applications is Monday 22 February 2016.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.