Boy (5) confirmed as latest victim of Grenfell Tower fire

Isaac Paulous' family say they will miss their "kind, energetic, generous little boy"

Boy (5) confirmed as latest victim of Grenfell Tower fire

Isaac Paulous | Image: Metropolitan Police

One of the victims who died in the Grenfell Tower blaze in London has been formally identified as five-year-old Isaac Paulous.

He is believed to have died on the 18th floor of the tower.

His family have released a statement through the Metropolitan Police.

"Isaac our beloved son was taken from us when he was only five-years-old.

"We will all miss our kind, energetic, generous little boy.

"He was such a good boy who was loved by his friends and family. We will miss him forever, but we know God is looking after him now and that he is safe in heaven.

"Isaac's family is grieving and ask that their privacy be respected at this very difficult time."

Officials have said at least 79 people are feared to have died in the disaster, though they have warned that the number could go up.

It comes as 75 high-rise blocks across 26 local authorities in the UK have failed fire safety tests since the blaze.

Checks are being carried out on hundreds of tower blocks after it was established that the cladding on the 26-storey building helped the fire to spread.

The UK's Communities Minister Sajid Javid told MPs that the so-called combustibility test had been failed by every building examined so far.

"The fact that all samples so far have failed underlines the value of the testing programme and the vital importance of submitting samples urgently," he said.

The manufacturer of the insulation used to clad Grenfell Tower has said it will stop using the product on high-rise buildings.

On Friday, authorities ordered the evacuation of four tower blocks in north London out of safety concerns - a move backed by London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

Additional reporting: IRN