New CCTV images released of Manchester bomber

Police are attempting to track the movements of the bomber

New CCTV images released of Manchester bomber

Image: Greater Manchester Police

New CCTV images of the Manchester bomber have been released in a bid to track his movements. 

Detectives investigating the Manchester Arena bomber have released more CCTV images of him as they piece together his movements after returning to the UK from Libya.

Salman Abedi left Britain on the 15th of April and returned on the 18th of May, four days before carrying out his suicide attack at the end of an Ariana Grande concert. 

Recently, over 10,000 'false claims' were made for free tickets for the Manchester benefit concert on Sunday

Ticketmatser said that "More than 25,000 people applied for them. Sadly, over 10,000 unscrupulous applications have been made."

The newly-released images of the Manchester bomber include some with a blue suitcase that is yet to be located.

Police are appealing for anyone who saw Abedi in the Rusholme area of Manchester between 18 and 22 May to come forward.

Public's help

Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson, head of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, said: "We know that Abedi left the country on 15 April and arrived back on the 18 May and we now know from our enquiries that he purchased parts for the bomb after arriving back.

"What we still need to understand is if he had any of the bomb parts in his possession before he went out of the country, this is why we are tracking his movements so carefully.

"We have made a lot of progress in this with the use of CCTV and have received some really helpful calls from the public. This has led us to the Banff Road area in Rusholme.

"We need the public's help in this. If you have previously called and have information, I would urge you to call again. We need your help as we piece together what happened in the lead up to the attack and if Abedi was helped by anyone."


The Greater Manchester Police confirmed that 10 men, aged between 18 and 44, remain in custody on suspicion of offences contrary to the Terrorism Act.

Six people, including a 15-year-old boy, have been released without charge after being arrested by officers investigating the attack.

Abedi, 22, bought most of the key component parts of the bomb in the days before the attack.