Get up to speed with today's breaking Irish and international business news
German business leaders have warned that Brexit will cost Ireland jobs and growth, the Irish Independent reports.
The new report from the German Chambers of Commerce Worldwide and German-Irish Chamber of Commerce says that "Ireland will unduly suffer" in terms of growth and trade if our special circumstances arenot recognised by the rest of the EU, according to the Irish Independent.
It also forecasts that a 'hard Brexit' could actually force Ireland towards the EU exit door – an 'Irexit'.
Over half of Irish businesses are planning to increase exports next year.
A new study conducted by payroll firm Sage indicates confidence among Irish firms is strong, with 68 per cent planning to grow their business in the next three years.
However, 45 per cent of small and medium businesses say political uncertainty at home and abroad is a major concern.
Sage CEO Stephen Kelly said of the Irish business community:
"57% reported growth in turnover and revenue over the last year and broadly they're pretty optimistic going forward.
Sandymount is Dublin's most upmarket Dart station, according to a new report from property website Daft.ie.
The study looked at house prices around each of the capital's DART and LUAS stops.
Average house prices near the Sandymount station were €788,000.
They were closely followed by Dalkey and Sydney Parade.
Cowper was the most expensive stop on the Luas Green line where homes average at €679,000.
Spencer Dock was the Red line's priciest stop, where homes were €663 ,000 euro on average.
Donald Trump wiped almost $1bn off Boeing's stock market value – with a single tweet. The US President-elect claims the cost of a deal with the company for a new Air Force One is out of control' at $1bn.
The White House has said that the plane will not cost that much. Boeing shares fell more than 1% after Mr Trump’s comments, but recovered most of their losses in afternoon trading.
Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2016
The aircraft company issued a statement clarifying that it is under contract for $170 million to determine the capabilities of the new aircraft.
“We are currently under contract for $170 million to help determine the capabilities of these complex military aircraft that serve the unique requirements of the President of the United States. We look forward to working with the U.S. Air Force on subsequent phases of the program allowing us to deliver the best planes for the President at the best value for the American taxpayer.”