UEFA say that they want to limit the number of people coming on to the pitch who don't have accreditation
Wales endeared themselves to the hearts of all the neutrals throughout their admirable journey through Euro 2016, but their fairytale has been tinged with controversy in relation to an alleged security breach.
UEFA have issued Wales a warning for bringing children onto the pitch after some of their games during the tournament. Images were captured of Gareth Bale and other members of the Welsh team, enjoying victories over various opponents with their children which subsequently led to the warning.
It was reported during the week that UEFA were unhappy with teams inviting their families on to the pitch as part of the celebrations. And according to Wales Online, the FAW have been hit with an official warning over future conduct as a result of a hearing on Thursday.
Speaking about the charge, the FAW Trust chief executive Neil Ward said:
"We were disappointed. I think we understand security issues around all games. In fact the FAW has been charged by UEFA on that but we put in a lot of mitigation around this because obviously it is about that future generation and that inclusivity.
"I think it was hugely popular among the people in the ground to see those young kids on the pitch. Some of those goals that were scored in front of the fans (by the kids) got as big a cheer as some of the other goals scored in the game. It was just magical to see and it again shows you the openness and togetherness of this squad."
UEFA's Tournament Director previously said:
"It is nice pictures. We are not 100 percent against it but we are cautious. The principle is how far you go with having other people on the pitch than the players. People with accreditation cards should be on the pitch and not more."