French officials say they expect to disperse all the remaining migrants from Calais 'jungle' by this evening.
The United Nations says the number of migrant deaths in 2016 is 3,800.
The figure is released as migrants have started moving back into the 'Jungle' in Calais, hours after French authorities announced they had finished clearing out the camp.
Thousands of migrants were evacuated as multiple large blazes raged across the sprawling camp in northern France.
French authorities say they have finished clearing out the Calais migrant camp days earlier than planned. However, they also told migrants they could go back into the camp after the fires were put out to recover what was left of their belongings.
Regional prefect Fabienne Buccio told the Associated Press news agency: "There are no more migrants in the camp. Our mission has been fulfilled."
Authorities said they would stop processing people by the end of the day.
#BREAKING Mediterranean migrant deaths in 2016 hit record 3,800: UN— AFP news agency (@AFP) October 26, 2016
Sky News' David Bowden, in Calais, said hundreds of migrants expect to go back into the camp after the fires are put out to recover what is left of their belongings.
"Certainly here on the ground the clearance is not officially over," he said.
Four migrants have been arrested in connection with starting fires in the 'Jungle' in Calais, according to the Calais police commissioner Patrick Visser-Bourdon, who is in charge of the dismantling operation.
Authorities have blamed the departing migrants, with Ms Buccio saying many of them "have a tradition" of burning their shelters before leaving.
At least 10 large blazes were ripping through what had been until recently the homes of thousands of migrants and refugees at the sprawling French camp.