We have a special show this week - Bobby Kerr will be coming to Newstalk Towers straight from the Focus Ireland Shine a Light sleep out. A gathering of Ireland's leading business figures will sleep out tonight to raise vital funds and to stand in solidarity with people experiencing homelessness in Ireland today.
Bobby will be telling us all about the initiative and his night.
Here's what you have to look forward to:
- We start with a flavour of how the night went.
- Francis Fitzgibbon the CEO and Founder of Irish media start up StoryStock will be running through the morning headlines.
- We explore entrepreneurs' 'light bulb moments' in association with this year’s EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. We'll be joined by three of this year’s finalists all who had a simple idea and now have very successful businesses - Brian Lee Co-founder of Freshly Chopped, Ireland’s leading and original healthy fast food retailer, Colin Culliton CEO of a Marketing Communications Company called TPI Group and Paul Quigley CEO and co-founder of NewsWhip will all take part.
- Acclaimed journalist Luke Harding, the man behind books including The Snowden Files, A Very Expensive Poison, and Mafia State will be talking hacking and cyber crime - and getting expelled from Russia.
- We turn to the Veterinary Industry to learn about the business side of keeping our animals healthy. UK and Ireland marketing manager of Royal Canin Pet Food and Vice-President of Veterinary Ireland, Dr John O’Connor, Equine vet and Chairperson of the Equine Committee of Veterinary Ireland, Rosalinda Devereux and Farm animal vet and Co Owner of Clerkin Veterinary Hospitals in Co. Cavan, Frank Clerkin will all be live in studio.
- Martin McVicar of Combilift will be in the executive chair.
So be sure to join us for Down to Business with Bobby Kerr from 10am until midday tomorrow morning, on air and online.
As ever, you can find blog posts and weekly DTB highlights on our show page.