Initial estimates suggested that around 80 people died in the blaze
Fewer people may have died in the Grenfell fire than previously feared, police have announced.
It was initially believed that more than 80 people died in the blaze in June. However, authorities say further investigations suggest the number of casualties could be lower.
Commander Stuart Cundy said the original figure "may come down a little bit" due to investigations since the deadly tower block blaze.
But he added there could be people with no social or family connection outside of Grenfell, who were therefore still inside it.
Police also announced that a criminal investigation into the fire might consider individual as well as corporate manslaughter charges.
So far, they have interviewed 675 firefighters, 340 police officers and a similar number of ambulance staff, seizing 31 million documents as part of the investigation.
Detectives are also looking into eight cases of possible fraud involving people who claimed money following the disaster and four possible thefts from flats on the lower levels.
Detective Superintendent Fiona McCormack said the number of officers working in the tower was doubled on Monday in the hope of completing the recovery process by the New Year.
She said: "It's a really harrowing scene... and it takes a finger tip and sieved approach to ensure that we get every remain that we can out of there."
"It's a meticulous process and now it's becoming harder due to the degree of fire damage and the fragmentation of the remaining people we are finding."