The acting Minister for Transport believes the strike will go ahead
With strike action planned for the Easter weekend, Pascal Donohue has admitted that there is little he can do to avoid the industrial action going ahead.
The Acting Minister for Transport says he doesn't think there is anything that he can do to prevent the scheduled two days of strike action by Luas drivers to coincide with the Easter Rising centenary commemoration on Sunday and Monday.
Drivers at SIPTU last week voted to reject proposals from the Workplace Relations Commission of pay increases of 18.7% over 33 months.
Acting Transport Minister Pascal Donohoe, says he can't intervene in industrial relations issues however, and that the dispute will need to be resolved through the Labour Court:
Given the timing of the strike, Ibec stated that the disruption to transport will hurt the tourism industry and that Transdev will face fines for every day that the trams don't run.