Deadline for applicants is Friday 30th September 2016
We're looking for an experienced and ambitious candidate to join Off the Ball on a freelance basis.
Ideal candidates will display strong independent thinking, an ability to work under tight deadlines and a determination to help grow JNLR figures.They'll need a proven track record of research skills and will be given every opportunity to grow in the role.
Reporting to the Sports Editor/ Off the Ball Producer.
• Generate and develop ideas for the programme
• Research, script and brief items as required
• Develop new angles on existing stories
• Secure exclusive interviews with high-profile guests
• Write accurate, well-researched briefs
• React quickly to breaking news
• Forward planning
• Record and edit audio in studio and on location
• Contribute to the show’s presence on social media
• Other administrative duties as required
• Working knowledge of broadcast journalism
• Excellent knowledge of all things sports
• Excellent audio editing abilities
• An established contacts database
• Excellent PC skills encompassing Word and Outlook
• Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Team player
• Excellent telephone manner
• Well organised and able to work on your own initiative
• 2 + years experience working in a broadcast environment
• Qualification in Radio/Media
It is Newstalk 106–108fm's belief that the success of the business is dependent on providing a forum where each employee can grow and develop, therefore we actively encourage employees to apply for any position within the company where they possess the appropriate skills.
If you are interested in joining the Off The team at Ireland’s independent national broadcaster please send your CV to email@example.com
Newstalk 106–108fm is an equal opportunities employer.