Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest growing independent talk radio station in Ireland, with a weekly reach of 729,000 people across 26 counties. Newstalk continues to grow its audience each year and is known across the nation as the independent voice of Ireland, boasting a strong line-up of Ireland’s leading broadcasters including Pat Kenny, Ivan Yates, Ciara Kelly, Moncrieff and many more.
Newstalk is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, having a track record for premium and engaging marketing campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and our listenership.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and creative Multimedia Designer. We’re looking for a creative mind that can think big and bring original, award-winning ideas to life.
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications
What you’ll do
You will work closely with our digital and marketing teams to produce campaigns that raise awareness of our own brand.
- Produce static and animated digital artwork for station platforms including website, apps, newsletters and social media as required (online advertising, banners, podcast artwork, promotional imagery etc.)
- Design artwork for station and show branding.
- Support in-house production of through-the-line creative campaigns
- Liaise with commercial partners to ensure brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Create and maintain an image and digital assets library.
- Assist in the development and growth of The Off the Ball brand.
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- An experienced, pro-active graphic designer who can demonstrate a clear idea of how the Newstalk and Off the Ball brands can improve multimedia output in line with its content strategy.
- Passionate about graphic and visual design as well as for news, current affairs, sport and popular culture.
- Working knowledge of conceptualisation, colours, typography and graphic design best practices
- A creative mind and an ability to ensure flawless execution and delivery of assets.
- A passion for creating a high standard of work within tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of printing methods from large format printing to packaging to merch
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work alone or part of a team
- You will be responsible for multiple projects at once so the ability to multitask is key to this position.
- Ability to analyse competitors visuals and make recommendations /improvements on existing design solutions to ensure we have a strong visual and brand presence within the industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively, excellent planning and organisational skills
- Have the ability to work across a range of applications, touch-points and platforms
- Good presentation skills
- Demonstrate an ability to create identities, brand application and roll-out
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, Quark Xpress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, PREM PRO, After effects etc.
- HTML, CMS and web design
- Email marketing services
- Experience designing for websites/apps (familiarity with UI/UX patterns and methodology)Strong knowledge of printing methods from large format printing to packaging to merch
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Digital Media, Industrial Design, Product Design
- Demonstrable body of work
- 3 plus years experience in a similar role
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious, passionate team oriented environment, where you can gain experience, learn and develop your skills. It is an exciting, engaging role and one that requires a person with initiative, strong design skills and a creative spark. Interested?
Please email your CV and portfolio (PDF or online) to email@example.com no later than January 6th 2018.
Newstalk is an equal opportunities employer.