Newstalk 106-108fm is currently inviting candidates to apply for the role of assistant producer on our multi-award award winning afternoon show, Moncrieff.
Think you're right for the job? Then get in touch!
Moncrieff is no ordinary programme – you will need all the pre-requisite radio and production skills but above all, we are looking for a creative thinker and someone who looks at things differently. Do you have an alternative view and approach things from a different angle?
If this sounds like you, you are familiar with Moncrieff, and have what it takes to take the programme to the next level, we want to hear from you.
- The provision of pre- and post-production support to the programme on a daily basis
- Lead production shifts as required
- Deputise in studio for the Producer/Senior Producer as required
- Generate and develop ideas for the programme
- Research, script and brief items as required
- Develop new angles on existing stories
- Secure exclusive interviews with high-profile guests
- Write accurate, well-researched briefs
- React quickly to breaking news
- Forward planning
- Record and edit audio in studio and on location
- Develop relationships with regular guests
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to maximise commercial and PR opportunities
- Contribute to the show’s presence on social media
- Support and mentor other members of the programme team
- Other administrative duties as required
- Beat the competition
Qualifications / Experience:
- Excellent Radio production and radio craft skills
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs
- A strong knowledge of music and popular culture
- An ability to generate and to evaluate quality programme content
- Experience under pressure in the radio studio
- Excellent audio editing abilities
- Excellent PC skills encompassing Word and Outlook
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Team player
- Excellent telephone manner
- Well organised and able to work on your own initiative
- Excellent working knowledge of libel and defamation laws
- Good understanding of the role of social media and the part it plays in today’s radio landscape
- The desire to win
- 2 + years experience working in a broadcast environment
- Qualification in Radio/Media
Please send a short CV with your letter of application to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 16th December 2016.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.