The device was discovered during renovation work
A hand grenade was made safe after being discovered in south Dublin earlier.
An Army Bomb Disposal Team was requested by An Garda Síochána to the Monkstown area of the city.
The Mills 36 grenade was found by a member of the public conducting renovations.
The Bomb Disposal Team arrived on scene at 3.00pm, where they carried out an initial assessment of the grenade and proceeded to make it safe.
The device was then moved to a safe location and disposed of.
The scene was declared safe at 3.20pm.
Mills 36 hand grenades were regularly used throughout the War of Independence and World War II.
They were patented and developed by the British Army in 1915, and continued to be manufactured up until the 1980s.