The top stories this evening on Newstalk.com
A vigil has been held outside Leinster House in memory of the homeless man who died in Dublin’s city centre yesterday.
Jack Watson was one of two homeless people who died in separate incidents yesterday.
The vigil is being organised by volunteers who knew Mr Watson through soup runs in the Capital.
It comes as new figures show 99 families with 214 children became newly homeless in Dublin in July.
It is the second highest number recorded since 2013, and the highest number since January 2016.
Police in Northern Ireland have recovered a “viable device” following a two-day security alert in Derry.
The alert was issued after dissident republicans warned a bomb been left in the village of Lettershandoney outside Derry city.
The device has been taken away for a technical examination and residents have been allowed to return to their homes.
PSNI Superintendent Gordon McCalmont said: “I am well aware how frustrating it has been for those people who have had their lives disrupted and I thank them for their patience and understanding.”
Sinn Féin has called on the government to offer support to residents of a County Kildare housing estate after a report found serious fire safety deficiencies with the development.
The report was commissioned by the Department of Housing after a 2015 fire burned six houses in the estate to the ground.
No one was injured in the fire.
The survey of eight homes that remain standing at Millfield Manor in Newbridge found that they are not in compliance with building regulations.
The homes are all currently occupied.
A man has been arrested in relation to the deaths of a man and a woman in Dublin earlier this month.
Antoinette Corbally and Clinton Shannon were shot dead at Balbutcher Drive in Ballymun on August 16th.
A child was in the house at the time and was slightly injured.
Two other people - a man and a woman - were also treated in hospital at the time for non life-threatening injuries.
A man aged in his 30s was arrested by gardaí on Monday August 28th.
99 families became homeless in Dublin in July, new figures have revealed.
Homelessness charity Focus Ireland says it's the second highest number recorded since 2013, and the highest number since January 2016.
The charity says it means a record number of 1,178 families with 2,423 children are now homeless in the capital.
According to the figures, the newly homeless families included 214 children.
Newstalk Lounge is awash with famous faces from the worlds of sports, politics and entertainment at Electric Picnic.
The Newstalk Lounge is located in the Mindfield Arena and over the course of the three days the station will host a series of live discussions, interviews, debates and entertainment shows.
Meanwhile, organisers Festival Republic have signed a 10 year deal with Stradbally Hall’s owners.