Rally sees local residents speak out in solidarity with neighbours
A rally in support of the Afghan family assaulted in Dublin last week has taken place in the capital.
Two men, aged 18 and 20, and their 13-year-old nephew were knocked unconscious in the Ballinteer attack on Thursday as they cycled home from Marley Park.
Up to five men were reported to have pulled up to the young men and teenager in a car, telling them to "go back to [their] country".
Around 100 people took part in tonight's march in Rathfarnham as a show of solidarity with the family.
Gardaí have confirmed they are investigating the incident, which was first reported by the Irish Times.
Shane O'Curry of the European Network Against Racism told Newstalk that residents wanted to make clear the attack was not committed in their name:
Richard Boyd Barrett TD, who was also at the event, said Irish people should learn to take a positive view of immigration: