Two batches of the cheese brand in question were voluntarily recalled in July
A child has died in Scotland after becoming infected with E coli linked to a brand of blue cheese.
Health officials have investigated the outbreak of the E coli 0157 strain in which 20 people were infected in July.
The investigation found all those who became ill had eaten Dunsyre Blue, made by Lanarkshire-based Errington Cheese.
Eleven of those infected were treated in hospital. The company has since carried out a voluntary recall of two batches of Dunsyre Blue.
A multi-agency incident management team (IMT) chaired by Health Protection Scotland investigated the outbreak.
IMT chair Dr Alison Smith-Palmer said: "On behalf of the IMT, I would like to take this opportunity to extend our deepest sympathies to the family of the child who has died.
"Our thoughts are with them at this time and we ask that their privacy be respected.
"All confirmed cases became unwell prior to the end of July.
"As there have been no new cases since then, the IMT will now stand down and work to produce its final report."