Staff at the company are going on indefinite strike
Bus Éireann staff are on strike over cost-cutting at the company.
SIPTU members say they will "not accept the destruction of a public service which is essential in connecting communities".
While Iarnród Éireann say there will be "significant disruption" to Intercity rail services on Friday, due to picketing associated with the Bus Éireann dispute.
A number of Intercity rail services are affected.
Barry Kenny is communications manager at Irish Rail.
He told Newstalk Breakfast earlier workers not crossing the picket line is part of the problem.
"There is that and there is also the view that the picketing is being done in a different manner to that which has happened previously.
"Obviously we do have areas where both Iaranrod Éireann and Bus Éireann have a presence, but in previous situations where one of those organisations has been involved in industrial action the other has been able to access their own workplace - that isn't the case today", he said.
Friday's late night match specials from Heuston to Cork/Galway will operate.
However there will be limited services on the following routes:
- Dublin/Limerick Junction only
- Cork/Heuston & Cork Commuter services have resumed to schedule.
- 12:00hrs Heuston/Cork is cancelled.
- 23:15hrs Heuston to Cork (match special) will operate serving Portlaoise, Lim Junction, Charleville & Mallow.
- No services operating to/from Limerick Station.
- Customers can travel from Dublin or Cork to/from Limerick Junction.
- Limited and curtailed service operating.
- 13:05hrs, 17:05hrs & 19:05hrs Tralee to Mallow services will operate.
- 15:18hrs, 17:35hrs & 21:24hrs Mallow to Tralee services will operate.
- 17:05hrs Heuston to Tralee will operate.
- 11:00hrs & 18:25hrs Waterford to Heuston will operate from Kilkenny only.
- 13:05hrs, 14:50hrs, 16:00hrs & 16:25hrs Waterford to Heuston services are cancelled.
- 13:15hrs, 16:15hrs, 16:40hrs, 17:35hrs & 18:35hrs Heuston to Waterford services are cancelled.
- 15:10hrs Heuston to Kilkenny will operate.
- 17:40hrs & 20:10hrs Heuston to Carlow services will operate.
- 21:35hrs Carlow to Heuston will operate.
- Limited and curtailed service operating
- 11:05hrs will operate to Boyle only.
- 11:00hrs, 13:00hrs & 18:00hrs Sligo to Connolly services are cancelled.
- 13:05hrs, 15:05hrs, 16:00hrs & 17:05hrs Connolly to Sligo services are cancelled.
- 15:00hrs Sligo to Connolly will operate from Boyle at 15:33hrs.
- 17:15hrs & 18:05hrs Connolly/Longford will operate.
- 11:05hrs, 17:20hrs & 19:20hrs Galway to Heuston services will operate.
- 11:45hrs & 17:45hrs Heuston to Athlone serving Portarlington, Tullamore, Clara.
- 13:05hrs, 14:40hrs & 15:05hrs Galway to Heuston services are cancelled.
- 13:25hrs, 15:35hrs, 16:30hrs & 19:35hrs Heuston to Galway services will operate.
- 15:30hrs Athlone to Heuston serving all stations to Portarlington and will then run non-stop to Heuston.
- 17:30hrs & 18:30hrs Heuston to Galway services are cancelled.
- 18:10hrs & 22:15hrs Galway to Athlone services will operate.
- 23:25hrs Heuston to Galway (match special) will operate.
- 12:45hrs, 14:45hrs, 17:10hrs & 18:15hrs Heuston to Westport services will operate.
- 13:10hrs &18:15hrs Westport to Heuston services will operate.
- 12:55hrs Rosslare to Connolly is cancelled.
- 13:36hrs Connolly to Rosslare will operate.
- 16:37hrs & 18:38hrs Connolly to Rosslare services are cancelled.
- 17:36hrs Connolly to Wexford will operate
- 17:55hrs Rosslare to Connolly will operate.
There will be no services on the following routes:
- Limerick to Limerick Junction
- Waterford to Limerick Junction
- Limerick to Galway
- Limerick to Ballybrophy via Nenagh
DART, Commuter, Westport, Belfast routes are currently operating as normal.
But for those who rely on Bus Éireann, there are alternatives out there.
Newstalk.com has compiled a list of some of the other bus and rail services that serve the country.
|Aircoach||Services running from St Patricks Quay to Dublin city and the airport||http://www.aircoach.ie/||
From €12.00 one way
|Citylink||Services from Cork Airport and Cork city to Galway and Limerick||http://www.citylink.ie/||From €17.10 one way|
|Dublin Coach||Services from St Patrick's Quay to Dublin (City, airport and Red Cow)||http://www.dublincoach.ie||€20 one way|
|GoBus||Services from Cork (Parnell Place) to Dublin City (Busaras)||http://www.gobus.ie||€14 one way|
|Irish Rail||Services running from Cork (Kent) to Dublin - see disruptions above||http://www.irishrail.ie/||From €19.99 one way|
|Dublin Coach||Services from city centre, Annacoyty and UL to Dublin (city, airport and Red Cow)||http://dublincoach.ie||From € 10.00 one way|
|Eireagle by Citylink||Services from Arthurs Quay and Castletroy to Dublin Airport||http://www.eireagle.com||From €23 one way|
|Citylink||Services from Henry Street and Raheen to Cork and Galway||http://www.citylink.ie/||From €19 one way|
|Irish Rail||Services running from Limerick (Colbert) to Dublin - see disruptions above||http://www.irishrail.ie/||From €9.99 one way|
|GoBus||Runs daily service from Galway to Dublin City, with extra services at weekends||http://www.gobus.ie||€13 one way|
|Eireagle by Citylink||Runs daily from Galway city (New Coach Station) through Dubllin city to the airport||http://www.eireagle.com/||From €13 one way|
|Irish Rail||Services running from Galway Ceant to Dublin - see disruptions above||http://www.irishrail.ie/||From €17.99 one way|
|All Dublin Bus services are expected to operate as normal|
|All Irish Rail services are expected to operate as normal, including DART|
|All Luas services will be operating as normal|
|Dublin Coach||Services from Dublin city centre to Cork, Clare, Kerry, Waterford, Portlaoise, Kildare, Waterford and Limerick||http://www.dublincoach.ie/|
|Citylink||Services from Dublin city centre (Aston Quay) to Atlone, Galway, Kinnegad, etc||http://www.citylink.ie/|
|GoBus||Services from Dublin city to Cork and Galway||http://www.gobus.ie||From €14 one way|
|Aircoach||Service from Dublin city centre to Cork (Patrick's Quay)||http://www.aircoach.ie/||€12 one way|